Thursday, September 25, 2008

space/politics

My District Representative is Congressman Steve Israel

1) abortion
2) gun control
3) homeland security

When I was a freshman I changed schools to attend Chaminade High School. After being in the Cold Spring Harbor district my entire life. I was leaving friends behind that I have known for 10+ years to go and meet kids I have never seen before. Going to an all boy catholic school also helped in knocking me out of my comfort zone because I was not use to going to school with a tie and jacket everyday and seeing nothing but guys all the time. Many people always assume the typical streotypes of an all boy school and saying that the school is not fun because of all the guys. Chaminade definetly threw me out of my comfort zone but I met kids who were just like me in everyway and it wound up being one of the best experiences of my life.

No comments: